Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Let There Be Light

Remember the renovations that are still continuing?
Late this afternoon, Jim came by to install the shower light .... a new recessed, waterproof fixture. Problem is, he couldn't install it from DOWNSTAIRS in the shower. Someone had to go up in the attic, scurry across the rafters - carefully so as not to step on the ceiling and FALL THRU to the downstairs - and find the electrical box for this particular light. Well, guess who got the honors? Yep, me.
I am crouched in the attic, wearing my slipper-clogs, advancing precariously from joist to joist, scooping insulation out of the way using an piece of cardboard, looking for the light.
I found it. Then Jim asks, what does it look like - is it attached to the side or the bottom? My reply - I don't know; I didn't bring a flashlight. Oh. No flashlight. Here comes Paul. We pass on the same floor joist - HE has the flashlight. So, I'm sitting at the top of the attic stairs, reading old Christmas cards; Paul is bent over the light box - with the flashlight - attempting to dislodge it without being electrocuted - the electricity is still on. Jim, the contractor, is standing at the bottom of the steps, drinking a cup of coffee....and not just ANY coffee. He is drinking a cup of white chocolate macadamia nut coffee.
After I finally shut off ALL the electricity in the house, we manage to install the new light fixture. Now we need a light bulb for it. Oh, and a new switch. The one that controls this newly installed fixture is broken. Now the light is on, and we can't shut it off. We have to remove the bulb to turn it off.
Jim leaves, Paul has to change as he has insulation in his pants. Ants in his pants. HAHAHAHAHA
I'm going to make dinner. And pour a glass of wine. Perhaps two.
Tomorrow, we might get the shower door.
And the renovations continue......
tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment