Monday, October 3, 2011

Demolition Begins....

Bright and early this morning, my doorbell rang. It was Rick, the demolition guy that works for our contractor. Finally! He came in, proceeded to cover our bedroom furniture with plastic (just like our parents had all over the furniture all the time - NOT just for construction purposes), and taped resin paper on the floor starting at the front door. He brought in the hammers, mallets, buckets, and SAFETY GOGGLES!

Now I am in the kitchen, lolly-gagging around in my house clogs and sipping my New England Coffee - (just the best coffee ever - try it for youself in one of their seasonal flavors) www.newenglandcoffee.com in my Vermont moose mug, when the hammering commences. I look up to see my prints that are hanging on the kitchen wall....bouncing off the wall with each strike of the mallet. Those pictures were taken down immediately before they could FALL down!

He has been hammering away for about 45 minutes and he has nearly all the tile off the shower wall. I took a 'before' picture, and tonight will take a 'in progress' picture and HOPEFULLY be able to post 'after' pix.

No napping in this house today - unless you're deaf!!

No comments:

Post a Comment