Saturday, December 3, 2011

Highway to Hartsville

Today was full of adventure.  First of all, Chris and his team showed up bright and early to put the grout in the backsplash tiles he installed for me yesterday - in both bathrooms and the kitchen.  They look great!  I was going to Sam's to meet Michelle Bachmann when she got there on the Columbia leg of her book signing tour.  I never made it. 

Paul got home at 12:10, and we were out the door by 12:30 and on our way to Hartsville to spend the afternoon with our friends Joyce and Miakel.  We were supposed to go this morning for the parade, but as Paul had to work, we didn't make it.  As it turns out, it's a good thing.  If we had gone, the tile STILL wouldn't be finished.  After nearly 6 months' renovation time, I don't think I could've waited another day.

Anyway, we got to Hartsville at 2:00, and promptly headed downtown.  There's this cool 'junk' store called Mandevilla and I love to plunder in it.  Bought myself a beautiful wrought iron candle sconce for $4.00!  Across the street from Mandevilla is a place called The Vacuum Center.  It is full of refinished furniture.  Walked thru there, but didn't see a thing.  After a few other stops, Joyce told us we were going to have seafood at Shiloh Fish House.  It was near a little town called Patrick.  It felt like we were out in the middle of NOWHERE!  Homes all had their colored Christmas lights in the windows, on the roofs, in the bushes, the trees, and the mailboxes.  Very festive. 

The dinner we had was phenomenal!  I had oysters, shrimp, scallops, flounder and fries.  No calories in any of that, I'm sure.

We left right after dinner at 7 pm, and rolled into the driveway promptly at 8.  As I write this, I am watching halftime at the Clemson-Va. Tech game on ESPN.

Happy trails, everyone.  Until next time......

Ciao - buona notte....a presto!

No comments:

Post a Comment