Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Home Renovations and Sad Realizations

We have ordered the granite for both our kitchen AND bathroom countertops.  Check out this marvelous company we got them through:  Stone Interiors http://www.stoneinteriors.com/

They are being cut to size as I write this.  Next week our shower is being torn out and reconstructed with beautiful travertile tile on the walls, and travertine mosaic on the floor.  We have a glass shower wall being installed with Tuscan Bronze Faucets, etc. 

Once all this is done, we'll have to repaint and repair the walls for any damage that will have been done as the result of this soon to be beeyoutiful renovation.  Any suggestions on color?

Every day I search for jobs.  I apply for jobs.  I get turned down for jobs.  Day after day.  Most of the companies I apply to never even respond.  It's more than disheartening.  It's difficult for this baby boomer to come to the realization that I am too old for employers to need me.  It's also difficult to not be needed ANYWHERE.  I thought this would be the happiest time in my life - kids are gone and now it's time for me.  I was wrong.

SO, I signed up for a catering class online through Midlands Tech.  Don't know if I'll ever use it, but it can't hurt to have it to go along with the floral design and cake design courses I have already taken.  Never know when that B&B will present itself.  And it keeps me busy and keeps my mind off what I can't do anything about. 

I can dream, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment