Sunday, October 7, 2012

Moving.....

We moved. After having the house on the market since March, and FINALLY closing on it this past Friday, we actually packed up and moved. Not to where we wanted to, but nonetheless, we moved. Just 5 miles down the road. We rented a house for a year until we can decide WHERE we need to be. And let me tell you something - I did not know how much stuff we had until we had to actually touch it - load it, unload it, move it. Both my sons and their significant others, and friend Dave came and helped haul. Actually, the girls helped the guys haul. And haul we did.....up and down the road. I think the stack of boxes grew while they were in the truck riding down the road.... I have almost one year to decide what I want/need to keep and what I don't. By the time we haul ourselves somewhere else, hopefully there will be a fraction of the crap we moved in. On a good note, at least we have moved into a larger home - lots of room to hang everyhing, put everything in cabinets that previously was stored in boxes. It's a good home.....for now. And the dogs like it. They have a great big yard to roam in. Even if it looks like a wasteland. No flowers, no grass, no shrubs....nothing but pine trees and dirt. For me, the gardener, it's depressing to look at. I just tell myself, it's only for one year.....only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment