Thursday, September 6, 2012

SOLD!!

Well, we did it. We sold the house! Listed it back in March, and hoped it would sell in time for us to make an offer on a house I just fell in love with in Blandford, Massachusetts. You see, this house we found 'up north' had exactly WHAT I was looking for in a house - and it had charm, and was in a picture perfect location. I could just SEE us there. I already had a life planned around that house...and that was just totally wrong! We got an offer on our house - at last. It was less than I had hoped to sell for, but still.... Then we made an offer on our dream house. We just KNEW we had it. BUT HE TURNED DOWN OUR OFFER. After focusing on that house for over a year, he burst my bubble 'just like that'....POP!!! So now we have less than a month until I close on the house I have lived in for nearly 20 years and raised my children in (well, my youngest, anyway. My oldest was 16 when we bought it)....and have no place to go. We started looking.... We have decided to find a house to rent instead of buy, simply because we don't know WHERE we want to be. Or at least I don't. One thing I am certain of, is that I want to move away and live somewhere else just once! I thought it was going to be in Blandford MA, but that's obviously not going to happen anytime soon. BUMMER!! We have found a rental - a perfectly acceptable lovely house. It was one of a very few that would allow our four-legged children to reside there as well. We're going to see it tomorrow after work. Hopefully it will be just fine for the next year. In that time, maybe I can figure out my intended life's path...and where I want/need to be. Now I won't be rushed to find something and can figure out what location touches my heart and soul. I just hope I recognize it!! Will keep you posted. Maybe tomorrow I won't be homeless after September 28! The four legged kids are packing already....

No comments:

Post a Comment