Monday, August 29, 2011

The New Kitchen

Remember I told you about us having to get the kitchen floor redone?  Well, today they came and put down the tile.  Right now in our great room (which is not so great when filled with belongings that clearly belong in ANOTHER ROOM) has the following extra items in it:

China Cabinet - without china.  The china is in boxes on top of the bed in the guest room.  Table, six chairs, bookcase filled with cookbooks, bar cart with wine glasses and carafes, boxes with muffin tins, cookie sheets and loaf pans that had to come out of the cabinets; the trash can, and THE REFRIGERATOR.  Yep, the fridge is plugged in and sitting beside the fireplace.  Where's the stove, you ask?  Oh, it's just inside the front door - sitting in the foyer with the handtruck still stuck under it. 

Everything in the house is covered with a fine dust - from either the tile being cut, the backer board being installed, and/or the thin set being applied to the entire floor.  Oh My God - even rooms that have nothing going on in them are filthy.  Looks like I'll have to start at the ceiling and clean from the top down.

Once my kitchen is finished, I'll post before-and-after pictures so you can see the end result and let us know if it was worth all the effort.  I'm thinking it is.

During all of this, I have been watching either CNN and/or Weather Channel. My beloved Vermont has been totally devastated.  Beautiful covered bridges washed right off their abutments and downstream.  Will Vermont be able to return to normal?  I sincerely hope so.  My heart goes out to all Vermonters,  When I see destruction like that, I'm truly thankful for only renovation grime.

No comments:

Post a Comment