Thursday, July 14, 2011

This Southern Girl is headed Nawth!

Today this Southern belle and the Northern husband get packing - we are headed NORTH!  To New England.  Should be an interesting ride in the car - with me driving as far as DC (in the daylight) and then he will drive the reset of the way (in the darkness) with me assistant-driving from the front passenger seat.  Now you ask, why don't you sleep?  SLEEP?  One of the last times we drove to New England we hydro-planed across two lanes of traffice IN FRONT OF A SEMI and spun around and slid backwards into a ditch!  On the first day of autumn, I might add.  Autumn - my favorite season of the year - by far.  So, no sleep for me.  I will have to help him watch the road.  Maybe I should have one of those little kid steering wheels I can suction to the dash so I can help steer the car, too!  I promise lots of pix of our travels...including my beloved covered bridges.  We just don't have those in the South.  Check out this site and you'll see what I mean, my friends:    vermont vacation   Aah, Vermont - so beautiful, it's just this side of heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment